As I always end up writing during these Little Moments posts, it barely feels like any time has passed since I wrote the previous month’s post. However, unlike in April, I’m writing this month’s Little Moments post in the garden out in the sun – something that’s only been able to do a handful of times this year.
May was an interesting month for sure; it started well and then was thrown into madness with multiple deadlines being pushed forward and my Granddad finally getting a date for his operation. Overall, there was just a lot going on, but there was still some little moments of April that made the month for me.
The Little Moments of May
- In May, I posted my first ever paid blog collaboration. When I started this blog over five years ago, I never had thought that someone would reach out to me for paid work and especially for baking.
- Finishing decorating my bedroom. I haven’t decorated in over five years, and it’s safe to say that I’ve changed and my room needed some changes too. Since the start of the pandemic, my room has become my office, bedroom, and reading nook, so I was pleased to update it to make an enjoyable space to be in and cosy too.
- Watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Despite being a Star Trek fan, I realised I’ve never seen The Next Generation from the very beginning, so have been spending my evenings and some lunch breaks watching episodes from the very beginning.
- My unexpected two-week hiatus from blogging. As I already mentioned, this month was unexpectedly chaotic, so I ended up having to take two weeks off from blogging. At first, I was disappointed having to take time off, but I was pleased in the end as it let me have some time off.
- Granddad having his operation. We’ve been waiting for about three months for a date for his operation, and it was a huge relief to get a date but find out his operation would be happening within a week of being notified. But it’s been lovely to see my Granddad finally feeling better and going back to his normal self.
- Oscar enjoying his new view from the window in my room as he can now stand on the footstool and have a better view of the garden and outside.
- Discovering Twitch and watching countless gaming streams and feeling very inspired to start my own?
- Teaching Mum to play chess for the first time. It’s nice to be playing again, and my Mum ended up winning both games!
What have been the Little Moments that made May for you?