- In previous years I haven’t been, one to set TBR’s let alone stick to them except for recently as seem to have found myself setting aside a small number of books each month to read and surprisingly I’ve been sticking to it! Which is why I thought that this month I would show you all the books I’m setting out to read during June!
- The Surface Breaks By Louise O’Neill and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Sheffer and Annie Borrows. Two books which I actually started in May but haven’t been able to finish but I am determined to at the start of this month.
- The Fallen Children By David Owen, To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo, The Novice by Taran Matharu, The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green and State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury. In July I am heading to not only YALC but the Supernatural event at NYA which features all of these authors and many more. But these are the books and authors I haven’t yet read, so they are on my TBR. I hate going to events having not read any of the authors work, it makes me feel rude which is why I am determined to read at least one book by each author.
- The House with Chicken Legs By Sophie Anderson. Everyone has been raving about this book, and admittedly I loved the sound of it and was determined to get to it during May which unfortunately I wasn’t able to. But in June I am determined to read it!
- Leah on the Off-Beat by Becky Albertalli. I read Simon Vs the Homo sapiens and saw the film adaptation recently, so I’ve been keen to read the next in the companion series? I found it interesting how Leah’s character from the film and novel differed a bit, so I’m interested to see how she is in her own book!
- Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp. I’ve been working my way through all the Star Wars novels in chronological order and have been slowly making my way through them all. Lords of the Sith is the next one on my list, and I’m hoping to get to it this month.
Have you read any of these? Let me know if you have and your thoughts and what your TBR for June is if you have one.